Favorite Inspirational Messages
- People who seek are often mistaken for being
- The key to success is consistency of purpose.
- Choose your companions (friends) carefully,
you become what they are!
- No matter what the circumstances, adjust to
them and get the job done.
- Life situations can easily be reached,
duplicated, experienced, and coped with - created for athletes with athletes, by coaches
who possess well-ingrained philosophies of life coupled with consistency of purpose.
- If one advances confidently in the direction of
his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a
success unexpected in common hours.
- Success is to be measured not so much by the
position one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome while trying to
- A man without problems....is dead. -George
- A friend is someone you feel like being
around when you feel like being by yourself.
- Friendship multiplies joy and divides grief.
- Master you habits or they will master you!
- Stand for something or you will fall for
- Be humble enough to obey, you yourself may
give orders someday.
- People who want to get things done find a way,
others find an excuse.
- Do your very best to obtain the
self-satisfaction of knowing you did your very best in order to become the best you were
capable of becoming.
- The measure you measure with will be measured
back to you.
- They conquer who believe they can!
- "Not he is great that can alter matter,
but he that can alter my state of mind." - Emerson
- What you say is as true as what you don't
- The psychic task which a person can and must
set for himself is not to feel secure but to tolerate insecurity, this may be the hardest
job of all!
- I don't know any other way to lead but by
- The essence of coaching is the attention to
details, overpreparation, cutting down on errors, master assignments by position, and
operating on a philosophy of continuous improvement. Obviously...achieving practice
- The master in the art of living makes little
distinction between his work and his play, his labor and his leisure, his mind and his
body, his information and his recreation, his love and his religion. He hardly knows which
is which. He simply pursues his vision of excellence at whatever he does, leaving others
to decide whether he is working or playing. To him he's always doing both.-James
- Success is not forever, and failure isn't
- As a man thinketh, so is he. Proverbs
- The taste of defeat has a richness of
experience all its own.
- Success is simply a matter of luck. Ask any
- The only place success comes before work, is in
- Study to show thyself approved, a workman
that needeth not to be ashamed.
- In matters of principle, stand like a rock; in
matters of taste, swim with the current.
- Nothing can bring you peace like the triumph
- I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do
and I understand.-Chinese Proverb
- The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher
explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires. - William
- The ultimate answer regarding how
and why some coaches consistently win while others win occasionally or not
at all are to be found in the individual personality of the coach. All coaches prefer
winning to losing, some coaches will accept no less than a winning effort, whether from
their players or from themselves. Such coaches are impelled, by virtue of their extremely
competitive nature, toward winning consistently. They find ways to transmit this sense of
urgency to their players, staffs, supporters, and fans, and as a result they are able to
create high expectations toward winning. Winning coaches make conscious decisions that
they will not accept the inevitability of losing as a way of life.
- The speed of the leader determines the rate of
- The race is not always to the swift - but to
those who keep on running.
- Leaders are like eagles, they don't flock, you
find them one at a time.
- In the race to be better or best do not miss
the joy of being.
- TEAM - Together Everyone Achieves
- A mind once stretched by a new idea, never
regains its original dimensions.
- A winner listens, a loser waits until it is his
turn to talk.
- A winner takes a big problem, separates it
into smaller parts so that it can be more easily manipulated. A loser takes allot of
little problems and rolls them together until they are unsolvable.
- A winner tries to judge his own acts by their
consequences, and other people's acts by their intentions. A loser gives himself the
benefit of the doubt by judging his own acts by his intentions, and the acts of others by
- A winner isn't afraid to leave the road when
he doesn't agree with the direction it is taking. The loser stays in the middle of the
road no matter where the road is going.
- It is true that often, as a person inquires
into the meaning of his life, he is likely to feel uncomfortable. It may come to him
slowly, or like a freight train. He will realize he has been pretending. He will face
feelings that are disturbing and depressing. To feel really disturbed by this can be the
process of repair and growth. No person can make progress in understanding other people if
he cannot understand himself. If one is not engaged in the process, he will continue to
see those around him through the bias and distortions of his own unrecognized needs,
fears, desires, anxieties, hostile impulses, and so on. The process of gaining knowledge
of self and the struggle for self-fulfillment and self acceptance is not something that
someone can teach unless he himself is involved in the process.
- These are the hard times in which a genius
would wish to live. Great necessities call forth great leaders.- Abigail Adams 1790, in
a letter to Thomas Jefferson
- Fail to honor people,
They fail to honor you;
But of a good leader, who talks little,
When his work is done, his aim fulfilled,
They will all say, "We did this ourselves." - Lao Tzu
- I have a dream.....Martin Luther King
- All men dream; but not equally.
Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Awake to find that it was vanity;
But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
That they may act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible. T.E.Lawrence
- If I had a formula for bypassing trouble, I
would not pass it round. Trouble creates a capacity to handle it. I don't embrace trouble;
that's as bad as treating it as an enemy. But I do say meet it as a friend, for you'll see
a lot of it and had better be on speaking terms with it.--Oliver Wendell Holmes
- Do or do not. There is no try. -Yoda
- Instill the love of you into all the world, for a
good character is what is remembered.
- Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.
- Go, and the Lord be with thee.
- The meek shall inherit the earth. The Book of
- To every thing there is a season, and a time to every
purpose under the heaven.
- A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to
plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
- A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break
down, and a time to build up;
- A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn,
and a time to dance;
- A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather
stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
- A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep,
and a time to cast away;
- A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep
silence, and a time to speak;
- A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war,
and a time of peace. Ecclesiastes; or The Preacher, 3:1 - 8
- Minds are like parachutes. They only function
when they are open.
- Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to
- Players are slow Coaches are thorough.
- Players are lazy Coaches are too busy.
- Players are bull-headed Coaches are firm.
- Players are showing a lack of self-discipline Coaches
are showing initiative. Players may not smoke or drink Coaches are being "just one of
- Players avaricious when demanding fees to speak
Coaches are being professional.
- Players are trouble when "blasting-off" to
the press Coaches merely "telling it like it is."
- When player's don't kill themselves after
losing...they don't care enough, On the other hand, Coaches have an intelligent sense of
- PERSISTENCE Nothing in the
world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than
unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.
Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination
alone are omnipotent! - Calvin Coolidge
- The greatest danger for most of us is not
that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that our aim is too low and we reach it! A
person going nowhere can be sure of reaching his destination.
- Luck is what happens when preparation meets
- Man's mind stretched to a new idea, never goes
back to it's original dimensions.
- People who want to get things done, find a
way! Others find an excuse!